Tuesday, June 11, 2013

PS4 VS XBox 1 Price Battle

It was a clear choice in the announcement of the pricing at the E3 event, who the winner would be. As soon as Microsoft announced that price being set to $499, many gamer's immediately boycotted the thoughts of not being able to play used games on the system and to have to pay a fee if you chose to do so.

link to the Video here:
XBox One Price announced

I for one do not like the Idea that I have to check in every 24 hours to check the validity of my system and game ownership. I also don't like having to pay a FEE to play on MS live. I know that the average family is not going to want to pay $60 per game and $10 per month and $500 for a system and other fees.

Link to the video here:
Press Conference for Playstation



Sony Playstation Vita Wi-fi 22031 (Google Affiliate Ad)

I waited all day to hear the announcement of the pricing and the "restrictions" that PlayStation 4, and to my surprise they were actually $100 less then Xbox one. No fee to play old game and no restrictions, No Need to check in every 24 hours. Free online play and a great system of $399. They also opened the platform to allow new development company's and indie game creators. More content more choices.

Sony Playstation Vita Wi-fi 22031 (Google Affiliate Ad)

To me it was a no brainier.  PlayStation won this round. and won many new customers from Microsoft.

I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to drop the price, but the restrictions will still be there.

What was your thoughts? Which will you buy?
Exclusive PS3 500GB Console Classic White with PSN Plus and VUDU - PS3 Consoles (Google Affiliate Ad)

1 comment:

  1. I have always preferred the Microsoft console over Sony's because I thought it was a better system. However, I'm going to give the Playstation a second look because at this point it seems like the better deal.

    ReplyDelete