Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Conspiracy Theories - About "stuff"

Conspiracy Theories - About "stuff"

I was taking the trash out the other day and was looking down the road and all I saw was tons and tons of trash. I thought to my self, ‘wow that is a lot of trash, where is all this stuff going, dump sites must be over flowing’.

So what happened to the days of things being built with quality in mind?Why are we are so driven to buy the latest and greatest of everything? Like Cars, Clothes, electronics, and other stuff? And once you buy the latest and greatest, why does it not last?

I’m guessing that is has a lot to do with big business and manufacturing. I also think it has a lot to do with the Government as well. Here’s and example of what I’m talking about.

I was sitting in my Grand mothers house the other day looking at a Microwave that had to have been at least 40 years old and it actually worked better that mine at my house, that I just bought that was 1100 watts, the quality of the material that went into her machine was better to. Mine just had a ton of plastic pieces and more buttons. I some times had to nuke my meal twice just to get it hot enough to eat. But not her machine, I put a hot pocket in that thing and it was done in less time than the direction specified (with out a cold center, cooked all the way through).

So how does this have to do with the government and big business? Well there was a president recently and also in the 50s that stated that we as a nation need to become more consumer based and purchase more to get the economy going. And so the Big businesses said well, if we are going to need people to spend more money then we need to make cheaper products and also advertise things to the tune of people wanting everything they see on a TV commercial, or read in a magazine or see on a billboard. So business started making cheaper and cheaper quality products to sell to the public.We have to make them feel like buying the product will change their lives and make them feel good.

Women fall victim to the spending “hook” everyday. Everything that is sold or shown on TV, movies, commercials, News, magazines… everywhere is geared for women (and men, But we are only talking about the women for now). Ever go shopping with a woman, your mother, or daughter or other? And lets say that you are looking for a mans pair of gloves and hat. (The reason I mention this is because I was looking for one the other day with my wife). So we went to a local shopping area that is basically a street lined with tons of shops all the way down the road. It was very cold out side so I wanted to find a simple pair of gloves and a nice warm hat. We went from shop to shop up this road and to be honest I must have seen about 30 shops that didn’t contain anything for men. I saw about 25 of those 30 that had tons of hats of all kinds and gloves. But, luckily by the time we reached the end of the road there was women’s story that literally had only one self that had only two hats to choose from and no gloved. I never did find and gloves that day; only the little beanie hat.

This is not the only place that you see this type of setup that is strictly for the women. You can see this in malls, big box stores and a lot of other places. Now of course I’m not talking able the Men’s stores like suits and shops that are specifically for guys. But for men we have a whole other ball of wax to talk about here.

So why is this, the case? Well the answer is very obvious its in and on everything. It’s all around us. Like I stated before it’s on TV, commercials, movies, billboards poster, everywhere. Woman are told on some of these commercials it if you are feeling bad buy “X” product. Or look at these “women” the House wives and look at all the money they spend and the clothes they wear and the things they own. “Don’t you wish you could be like them?” It’s all a mental mind game.

This same trick is being played on guys as well. We see it the same why, we see the hot women and or girls on TV and we think what is it that attract that kind of woman to guys? And then you see the guy that is handsome and or topless with muscles everywhere. And you think well I could lose a little weight, I need to go to the gym. Or I need to buy that product that they are selling to help me lose weight or get into shape like that guy. Or they portray a normal looking guy that gets all the girls if he buys this cologne that makes the girls flock to him.

Most of men that I know including my self we are pretty much comfortable with the stuff we have and not require much. We don’t need to stay on top of the latest fashion; we don’t care about the latest CD or Car. We are happy just to get what we have a keep what we have and make it last.

This cycle continues to go round and round all the time. Making you buy everything they are selling or a similar product. Just like the smart phone wars. And the thing is that everyone for the most part knows that the technology with change every year an some times every six months and the Corporations know this. This brings me to the next topic.

Big business knows already months ahead of time that they will be releasing a new product every so often to keep it customers coming back for more. Like the iPhone. Every year just about there has been a new release of the iPhone. They always add new features (software) and change the hard ware just enough to make you say I want that phone. The thing is do you really need to upgrade? The honest answer is no. But you want to stay up with technology and not be left behind, so you want the phone. This effect is the same across all products.

I will add more about this topic later on. I figure I would share my thoughts on the topic.{EAV:8ff0d881873374d6}

No comments:

Post a Comment