Monday, July 23, 2012

My 2 Cents: Colorado Massacre

Why?

This is the basic question that is going through everyone mind. Why would someone planning out a full out execution of Movie goers and booby trap his house to kill anyone that enters and kill everyone else that is in the building and blast radius.

Why did he drop out of the graduate program at the Colorado University? Why...? Why...? Why...?

The back story

Everyone knows by know what has happened I'm sure. If you haven't been watching by any news channel you know that this kid, James Holmes. Who is 24 years old. Killed 12 people and wounded/injured 58 others using a ar-15 with a 100 round drum and a shotgun and a pistol.

Two smoke bombs(tear gas) was used to start the ciaos. The shooter has starting shooting shortly after the smoke started to rise.  I will stop at the point.

My reactions

When I first heard the store it was around 8am EST on Friday. When a co-worker state that he had saw an alert about the issue in the news. I began to look into the article to read more. At the time I started seeing numbers like 13 dead 28 injured and words like  "Dozens Dead...", I was shocked. Then the questions of why started to pop in my head. Then they stated he was a PHD student of Neurology... He dropped out of school after only being there for 1 year in a 5 - 8 year program...

I Then heard that they were trying to get into the guys window of his apartment because he had booby trapped his apartment.

Well all of this information was wondering in my head I saw that they caught the guy...

My 2 cents

Why didn't the police kill this guy? Why did the guy decide to tell the policy that he booby trapped his house? Why didn't the kid run? and more thought. How did he get in the exit door of the theater?

First off I am not giving any credit to this kid. I was very angry at what I was seeing and reading on the internet about this guy. Yes the police made this kid out to be a genius in booby craps.  And others were stating that this guy had a moment of insanity.

I thought to my self, why would this guy do this? One is he was failing school and felt that because if finally failed at something he felt he needed to seek out revenge on others that had a better chance of make it then he did or the studding day and night and all the random thoughts in his head studing for school and he just had enough when he failed his exam. He decided that I tried my best and I failed screw it. I going to make this "college town" pay.

The other thought was they his girl friend broke up with him. And that crushed him so he got a ticket to the same theater his ex was in to kill here and all the others.

Of course this is just what I was trying to deduce as to why this kid was doing this. The guy had a ton of time to plan this thing out and let the plan build to flourition.

What do you think caused this guy to react this way? Do you even care? Do you think that this will cause theaters to change policies? Gun laws to change? Other thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment